Sunday 4 January 2015

Vision preserves life.



“But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:” Acts 26:16-19

Our opening scripture reveals to us the vision statement of Paul the Apostle. God’s plan and purpose for his life preserved him from death several times. The necessity of his vision made God to continually deliver him from the people and the Gentiles to whom he was sent. They were not able to kill him because his work was not completed.

In 2 Timothy 4:16-18, Paul recounted an experience he had towards the end of his assignment on earth saying, “At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” This shows us that God preserved his life and delivered him from death because his assignment was not complete.

Therefore when you discover God’s vision for your life and you begin to function in it, you become immune to death. Know that when you are living for God’s purpose for your life, you are indestructible until your work is done.

Prayer: Dear Father I thank you because you will continually preserve me from all evil, even as I live my life in line with your plan and purpose for my life. Faithful are you who have called me who will also empower me to finish my assignment without reproach in Jesus Name. Amen.

Acts 9:22-25, Acts 9:29-30, 2 Timothy 3:10-11.

Doing the Word: Trust the Lord to always deliver you from all evil as you live your life for His purpose.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION