Tuesday 17 February 2015

Measure your love.


"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

John 14:15

In the kingdom of God, love for God or Jesus is measured by obedience. Love is not measured by singing, neither is it measured by dancing. It is measured by obedience.

John 14:21 says, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: …" Jesus is teaching us here that we can know those who love Him by their attitude to the Word of God. James 1:22 says, "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." You cannot claim to be a lover of God when you are not a doer of the Word. So long as I am a doer of the Word of God, I am expressing my love to God. A continual expression of obedience to the Word of God in my daily life is the expression of my love to God.

Today, you have learnt that the true expression of your love to the Father or Jesus is obedience. The concluding part of John 14:21 shows us the blessing that is given to the one who loves Jesus. Jesus said, "… he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." God taught me a principle many years ago that consecration is what determines access. Your consecration to God in a life of consistent obedience is what will determine your access to special revelations from Him. This means that you can never receive divine revelation beyond your consecration.

If you claim to love God and you are not doing His Word and obeying the voice of the Spirit of God, you cannot claim to love Him. Genuine love for God obligates us to obey Him. When you become a doer of the Word of God, there are certain anointing and graces that will become manifested in your life. John 14:23(AMP) says, "Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him."

Prayer.

Dear Father, I thank you for grace to love you more in consistent obedience to your Word and the voice of the Spirit. Thank you for increase in revelation and the burden-removing and yoke destroying power manifested in and through my life, in Jesus Name, Amen

For further study read:

John 15:10-14, John 21:15-17, 1 John 5:2-3.

Doing the Word

Be a doer of the Word of God even if it is not convenient.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION