Sunday 22 February 2015

Born of the Spirit


"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:3,

Being born again is actually the rebirth of the human spirit. When we say that an individual is born again, we are saying that his spirit has received the life and nature of God.

John 1:12-13 says, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." The day you got born again was the day you got born of God. There was an actual rebirth of your human spirit. That was also the day the man or woman that was born of your mother died. This is why you have to renew your mind because a lot of Christians are unaware of what it really means to be born again. The knowledge of what it really means to be born again is what sets people free from generational curses and whatever bondage they have been experiencing.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Colossians 3:2-3 says, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

In 2002 God spoke to me saying, "Understanding the new birth is the key to victory." Then He said, "Until the body of Christ accepts the message of the new creation, it will keep on going around in circles."

Confession.

I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

For further study read:

Ezekiel 11:19-20, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 6:15-20

Doing the Word:

Meditate on Galatians 2:20

 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION