Thursday 26 February 2015

Be a true worshipper.

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

John 4:24

One thing the Lord taught me when I just got restored to Christ was to live for His purpose. Secondly, He taught me to do all I do according to the leading of His Spirit. I was a new convert when the Holy Spirit began to teach me these things.

The Lord taught me that if I did all I did for Him from my mind and the flesh, all my efforts will be useless. I was only seventeen years old when the Lord began to teach me these things.

It is important that you learn early how to live for your purpose and to do all you do for the Lord by the leading of God's Spirit so that you will not regret like the man who at the age of sixty, was told by God that he had lived outside of God's plan for his life. Others in the body of Christ saw him as a great man of God because of his achievements but that was not God's perspective of him.

Everything you do as a Christian should be by the Spirit. What that means is that everything you do should be done from your heart with sincerity of purpose. The Bible says in John 4:23, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

You can practice religion and carry out religious activities like praying, singing, giving, etc. without any heartfelt involvement, but you cannot be a true worshipper without the involvement of your heart in everything you do. I encourage you today not to be a religious Christian, but be a true worshipper, they are the ones the Father seeks to worship Him.

Instruction.

Please pray Philippians 1:9-11 for yourself today.

For further study read:

1 Samuel 16:7, John 7:24, 2 Chronicles 16:9

Doing the Word

Serve God with a perfect heart.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION