Tuesday 10 February 2015

Serve with your heart.




"Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me,"

Matthew 15:7-9

Our opening scripture shows us that worship that is not from the heart is empty. Scripturally, your heart refers to your spirit. This emphasizes to us that whatever you do for God must come from your heart, because if it is not coming from your heart, there will be no reward.

Those Christians who do not understand these things and do not truly worship and serve God from their hearts will get to heaven and discover there that all they did for God will be burnt because they never came from their hearts.

Romans 7:6 (GNB) says, "… No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit." Serve God with your spirit which refers to your heart. Examine yourself, how have you been serving God? Do you do the things you do in the house of God from your spirit? In other words, do you do it with all your heart? If you are not serving God with all your heart, know that there is no reward for such service. Jesus said all such services are in vain.

Everything the Apostle Paul did, he did it from his spirit. He said in Acts 20:20(GNB), "And now, in obedience to the Holy Spirit I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there." In the Amplified it says, "… I am going to Jerusalem, bound by the [Holy] Spirit and obligated and compelled by the [convictions of my own] spirit, not knowing what will befall me there--" Always follow the promptings and guidance of the Spirit in your service to God because if you are going to get divine results, then you must follow divine guidance.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I choose to serve you with all my heart. I repent of all falsehood, insincerity and pretense. Thank you Father for strengthening me by your Spirit in my inner man, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Isaiah 29:13, Ezekiel 33:31, Matthew 22:37.

Doing the Word

Do not serve God with eye service nor seek the praise of men. Seek only the honour which comes from God.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION