Wednesday 13 May 2015

Don't give up.

"Jesus told them a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit."        

Luke 18:1 (MSG)

It is made clear from our opening scripture that God does not want you to quit. In other words, God does not want you to give up or be discouraged in your life. If you pray and you do not see a physical manifestation immediately, what should you do? For some people, that is the time to give up. But no! Do not give up. Hang in there and refuse to quit.

The Bible says, "... for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Galatians 6:9). There is a due season for you. God might have spoken to you, but you may not have seen the immediate manifestation in your life. Do not give up. His word to you shall be fulfilled in their season.

Many years ago, God told us to get on TV. In obedience, I went to negotiate with NTA. When I was told the amount, I wondered in my mind when we were ever going to get such an amount to pay for our TV broadcast. I was getting myself under pressure.

When God tells you to do something, don't get yourself under pressure. You are not the one that brings the Word to pass. Your part is to do the believing. And there shall be a performance of that which has been spoken to you of the Lord.

I remember the story of Jessie Duplantis who needed some money because he wanted to get on TV. He said, "Even the devil did not believe I will get on TV." At that time he could not even pay for fuel to fill his car tank. So you can imagine God telling that kind of man that he was going to get on TV. One day, he was walking out of a place and a woman walked up to him and said, "Brother Jessie, please take this." The woman then put something in his hand. When he got into his car on his way home, he discovered it was a cheque of 25,000 dollars and he was shocked. It happened just like that because he refused to give up on his faith. Your best is yet to come so do not give up.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I thank you for I know you make all things beautiful in your time. Therefore I refuse to worry over anything. I cast all my cares on you because I know that you care for me. Thank you Father because I know you are bringing holy surprises my way today. In Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Ephesians 3:20, 2 Thessalonians 1:11, John 6:28-29, 1Thessalonians 5:24.

Doing the Word.

Stop trying to figure out how God's plan for your life is going to be fulfilled. Just trust His faithfulness and remain expectant.

 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION