Saturday 9 May 2015

We receive by faith



"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Luke 11:13

I got filled with the Holy Spirit very quickly after I got saved because I acted in faith based on the Word of God.

On the 8th of September 1993, I went to church. The Pastor was praying in tongues and every other person around me was also praying in tongues. So I said, "Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, am born again and by my faith I now receive the Holy Spirit and by faith I now speak in other tongues." Immediately I completed the prayer, I began to pray in other tongues even as the Spirit gave me utterance.

That can also be your experience because the Bible says, "... Ask, and it shall be given you; ..."(Luke 11:9). Therefore, the moment you ask the Father in faith for anything, receive it and act accordingly because it was given to you the moment you asked. So, if you ask the Father for the Holy Spirit today, He will give you. Receive utterance immediately by faith and then open your mouth and pray in other tongues.

You do not need to wait for any special feeling. When I received the Holy Spirit, I did not feel anything but I knew that the Bible says in Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." I desired to be filled with the Holy Spirit. So I prayed and received the Holy Spirit and spoke with other tongues. Why? I knew that the Holy Spirit would give me utterance.

In Acts 2:4, the Bible says that the Holy Spirit gave them utterance. So, how did I know I had received the Holy Spirit? Our opening scripture says, "…how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" Therefore, since I had asked the Father, I knew that I had received the Holy Spirit and I spoke in other tongues. You also can receive by faith.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I release my faith to receive. I receive the fullness of your Spirit and all good things which you have for me today. All God's benefits for me are coming to me today by free course in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Proverbs 1:23, Isaiah 44:3, Ezekiel 36:26-27

Doing the Word

Read Luke 11:13 and then ask the Lord in faith for the Holy Spirit or any good thing you desire. and receive.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION