Monday 4 May 2015

Faith is of the spirit

"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Romans 10:10

Our opening scripture shows us a very important principle in our walk of faith. The Bible says, "For with the heart man believeth …" The heart here is not referring to the heart that pumps blood. God is referring to your spirit. In 1 Peter 3:4 Peter called him the hidden man of the heart. In Romans 7:22 and 2 Corinthians 4:16 Paul called him the inward man. That inward man is your spirit and that is the part of you that relates with God, gets born again, and believes. You serve God with your spirit according to the scriptures. (See Romans 1:9). Also John 4:24 says, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Therefore, whenever you hear or study the Word of God, open your heart(spirit) to it and believe it even if your mind thinks otherwise. When the Word of God gains entrance into your spirit, it will begin to renew your mind and influence you to think in line with the Word of God. (See James 1:21)

Faith is in your spirit not your mind. 2 Corinthians 4:13 says, "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;"

Confession.

I am a believer and not a doubter. Therefore, I declare in the Name of Jesus that the blessing of the Lord is heavy upon me and all that concerns me. The blessing of the Lord is heavy upon my house and all them that dwell therein. The blessing of the Lord is heavy upon the work of my hands and upon my bank account. I am making spiritual progress and abounding in every good work in Jesus Name.

For further study read:

Romans 8:1-14, Philippians 3:3.

Doing the Word

Be led by the Spirit not your senses.

 

 

 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION