Friday 16 September 2016

What are you thinking?

Friday, September 16th
What are you thinking?

“And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.”
Genesis 20:11

You live within the context of your own thoughts. In other words, what you think is what decides your reality. Proverbs 4:23(GNB) says, “Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.” This is why the renewing of your mind by the Word of God is very important.

Most of the decisions people make is based on perceived reality or assumptions. For instance, a guy is walking home alone at night. As he walks along that dark and lonely road to his house, he sees someone suddenly come out from the bush unexpectedly, immediately he begins to run away because of the person he saw. Why is he running? Every answer given will be based on perceived reality or assumption. He later discovered that the person actually went into the bush to ease himself and he did not mean any evil. This reveals that most of our fears are based on assumptions.

Whenever your heart is not trusting in God and His Word, you will lose your peace. Isaiah 26:3 says, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” John 14:27 says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” As long as you fix your heart and trust on God and His Word; which are thoughts of peace, the more peace you will experience in your life and around you because your life is shaped by your thoughts.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you because I know that you will keep me in perfect peace because my mind is stayed on you and I trust in you. I am delivered from wicked and unreasonable men and I am preserved from all evil in my going out and coming in now and always in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Proverbs 28:26, Joshua 1:8-9, Psalm 1:1-3.

Doing the Word
Fix your heart on the Word of God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION