Thursday 1 September 2016

Understanding Life

Thursday, September 1st
Understanding life.

“That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:15-16

There are two kinds of life. The first is eternal life which is called 'Zoe' in the Greek. Eternal or everlasting life as seen in our opening scripture refers to zoe. Zoe is the God-kind of life. It is life as God has it or the divine nature. Zoe is spiritual life.

There is also another kind of life called human or natural life. 2 Timothy 2:4 says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; …” This life here refers to 'Bios' in the Greek. It is from 'bios' we get the word biology which is the scientific study of the natural processes of living things.

From the above, if zoe is spiritual life, it means that the absence or separation from zoe is spiritual death. Therefore spiritual death is the absence or separation from God or divine life. To be separated from God is to be separated from His life because God is the source of zoe. On the other hand,

physical death is the separation of the spirit and the soul from the body.

Any man that has not received eternal life into His Spirit by believing in Jesus is dead spiritually even if he is alive physically. And anyone who is dead spiritually is condemned already and the wrath of God abides on him.

John 3:18 says, “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

Confession.
I release my faith today based on the truth of God's Word that has come to me and I acknowledge that I believe in Jesus Christ with all my heart. I declare with my mouth that He is my Lord and I confess that I have zoe; the life and nature of God in my spirit. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
John 3:36, John 6:40, John 20:31.

Doing the Word
Thank the Father for His priceless gift.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION