Tuesday 21 February 2017

Give yourself.

Tuesday, February 21st.
Give yourself.

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”
Ephesians 5:25

Love is self giving. Jesus gave Himself for us as a proof of His love for us. This is a very important aspect of love and loving that we all need to take note of and begin to practice especially towards our spouse and children.

A husband can say, “I love my wife and my children and I provide them with money.” That is good, but there is more. They need you to give yourself as well. They need you to invest quality time with them as well; both for your wife and your children.

It is said that children spell love as 'T I M E.' Do you invest your time with your children? I create the time to play with my children. Let me tell you a secret; if you want your children to stay pure, make time for them. It helped me and my brother as well to live in purity. My father made time for us. So I encourage you to make time for your children.

Can your children talk with you? Can they confide in you and tell you their secrets? They will only do that when they are sure and confident of your love for them. As a father, you are the first authority figure in the life of your children, if you do not give them unconditional love they will suffer from an inferiority complex no matter how rich or influential you are. That is one of the things that helped me as a child. So, I respected authority, but I was never intimidated in the presence of greatness because the first authority figure in my life loved me. Do this for your children and by so doing add value to them with your words as well.  

Instruction.
Pray that God's love will abound in your home. Also pray that your love for each other as a family will abound more and more.

For further study, read:
Deuteronomy 6:7, Psalm 68:6a, Proverbs 22:6

Doing the Word.
No matter how busy you are, schedule a time daily or weekly you can invest in your relationship with your spouse and your children.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION