Friday 17 February 2017

Love the undeserving 2.

Friday, February 17th.
Love the undeserving 2.

“If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.”          
Proverbs 25:21-22

You know that you truly love when you can love the undeserving. Therefore if you can forgive the taxi driver who offended you. If you can forgive your landlord who insulted you. If you can forgive your boss who treated you unfairly. Then what about your wife? It should be easier for you to forgive your wife. This is why I keep on loving my wife more every day. There is a statement I usually make, “The day my wife deserves my love, I do not love her.”

Today I will like to bring to your notice that the very first time Jesus uses the word love was not in reference to loving your wife or your children, it was in loving your enemies. (See Matthew 5:44)

Loving truly is loving the undeserving. This is because if you can love the undeserving how much more your wife or your children. The Bible shows us the true character of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (GNB), “Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. Love is eternal.” Love like Jesus. Judge the sincerity of your love along this premise stated above in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you because Your love has been shared abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit who lives in me. I am loving truly and patiently more each day, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Proverbs 10:12, Ecclesiastes 7:8-9,
1 Corinthians 13:1-8(AMP),

Doing the Word.
Meditate on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION