Thursday 9 February 2017

How to love like God 3.

Thursday, February 9th.
How to love like God 3.

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
1 John 3:16

Love is self sacrifice. That is how you know you love; there must be self sacrifice being demonstrated. If you are only thinking about yourself and what you want to get you are not loving, because in love there is no me, all you have is (you) the person who you love and we, no me.

In the realm of love there is no me. Me, myself and I is dead. When you are truly in love it is all about the other person. In John 3:16, the Father's love was all about us. When Jesus was hanging on the cross after He was nailed to the cross, He said, “Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do…” Luke 23:34. Jesus was still thinking about their well being even when they were causing Him so much pain. He was still committed to their well being; that is true love. You never see Him talking about Himself.

Therefore if you are still only concerned about yourself, you have not yet come into the realm of love. You may be in phileo or eros but you are definitely not in agape. In agape there is no me. That is the secret to the power of God because such selfless love and compassion for others is the pathway to the supernatural.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that the love and compassion of Christ will flow through me to my world, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

For further study, read:
John 15:12-13, Romans 16:3-4, 1 John 4:11-12.

Doing the Word.
Love selflessly.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION