Friday 10 February 2017

The Word of love 1.

Friday, February  10th.
The Word of love 1.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”      
 John 1:1

Our opening scripture shows us that the Word of God is God. Therefore, if the Word of God is God as stated by our opening scripture and the Bible says in 1 John 4:8, that, “…God is love.” It also means that the Word of God is love. This means that the Word of God is the Word of love. So that means everything God has written in His Word were written out of a heart of love.

Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” This means that without the Word of God there can be no faith, remember that we said that the Word of God is the Word of love. Therefore faith works by love according to Galatians 5:6. This means that faith is energized by love. So if your faith is going to be strong and operative, you must understand God's love for you.

Today I want to begin to share with you some truths about God's love for you that will inspire faith in your heart and help you to understand God's love more deeply. One of such truths is found in Jeremiah 31:3, “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:  therefore  with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” This shows you that God's love for you is everlasting, in other words, God's love for you is permanent. God loves you so much He is not going to change His mind. Understanding this truth helps you to understand that God already loves you. His love is already within your reach according to His Word in John 3:16, all you need to do is to respond to His Word by having faith in His love for you. One of the ways we respond in faith to God's love for us is by accepting the sacrifice of His Son Jesus for us; receiving Jesus and confessing Him as your Lord and personal Saviour gives you access to the Father and delivers you from all condemnation and judgment. I encourage you to do this today if you are not born again or a backslider by praying the prayer below:

Prayer of salvation.
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal saviour. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life and the love of God into my spirit even now. Amen.”

For further study, read:
Romans 5:8-10, 1 John 4:9-10, 1 John 4:19.

Doing the Word.
Be confident in God's everlasting love for you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION