Thursday 23 October 2014

Built to overcome.


“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 
1 Corinthians 10:13(KJV)

Our opening scripture lets us know that whatever you may be going through right now is common to man. So change that mind set that makes you think it will be difficult for you to be able to overcome that temptation or trouble.

Every temptation or trouble is common because other people have overcome it, so you can overcome it. That's the way I think. That is why as an individual there are certain things that I have made up my mind that I will never do. Why? For the glory of God. Secondly, for the faith of others, so I would not do anything that will ruin the faith of others. Thirdly, there are unbelievers who don't do it.

Do you know that there are unbelievers that have ethics like Cornelius the Bible tells us about in Acts 10:1-6, who hold on to some high moral principles?

It doesn't make them Christians or qualify them to go to heaven. But it shows you that no Christian has any excuse to live in sin, because it is not in our nature to live in sin.(See 1 John 3:9)

Do you know who you are? Do you know who a Christian is? You are a new creature. You have the life and nature of God in you. You are not of this world because you have been chosen out of the world. Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world. You are born of God, therefore you overcome this world. Praise God.

CONFESSION
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I am born of God, therefore by my faith, I declare that I have overcome this world, I have overcome the flesh, and all lusts.

For further study read:
1 John 4:4, 1 John 2:13, 1 John 5:4, Romans 8:37, Revelation 12:11.

DOING THE WORD
Think as a victor because that is who your are.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION