Tuesday 9 June 2015

Daily faithfulness.

"There was a man named Cornelius who lived in Caesarea, captain of the Italian Guard stationed there. He was a thoroughly good man. He had led everyone in his house to live worshipfully before God, was always helping people in need, and had the habit of prayer." 

Acts 10:1-2(MSG)

One thing I want you to take special note of concerning the man Cornelius in our opening scripture is the fact that the Bible shows us that he had a prayer habit. If he had a habit of prayer, that meant he prayed every day.

Do you pray and study the Bible every day? Are you faithful in your devotions with God? It is important you know that consistency counts in your walk with God. Cornelius was consistent in his prayer daily. He did not know the day he was going to be visited by God, but because he was faithful and consistent, when the day came, he was in prayer in the ninth hour which was one of the hours of prayer among the Jews in those days. That was the time he saw the vision that led him to the path of salvation for himself and his family. (See Acts 10:3)

Cornelius in his own words said, "… Four days ago at about this time, midafternoon, I was home praying. Suddenly there was a man right in front of me, flooding the room with light. He said, 'Cornelius, your daily prayers and neighborly acts have brought you to God's attention." Acts 10:30-31(MSG)

Faithfulness will always get God's attention. I encourage you to continue in your faithfulness because you do not know the day of your visitation. It will surely come, I pray your day will not meet you unprepared.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I thank you for your grace is sufficient for me to persist in my faithfulness in daily prayers and charity. May my day of visitation meet me prepared, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Acts 9:11-12, Psalm 55:17, Daniel 6:10-28, 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Doing the Word

Be faithful in daily prayer.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION