Wednesday 3 June 2015

God requires faithfulness.



"For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church."

1 Corinthians 4:17

One of the fundamental requirements to meet before God can entrust responsibilities to you is a faithful spirit.

We see in our opening scripture that before Paul delegated to Timothy, he was found to be faithful in the Lord. If you are not faithful, you cannot be trusted with responsibility in the house of God. Timothy was reliable and trustworthy. That was why Paul chose him to be sent to the Church to teach them.

Paul also taught Timothy to follow the same principle of committing to faithful men when he wrote to him in 2 Timothy 2:1-2, "Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

God will not promote you unless you are faithful. Faithfulness is consistency of character. There are some persons who have become ineffective in their walk with God or in responsibilities committed to them for lack of faithfulness. If you remain faithful, you will not lack ability because with faithfulness comes ability. So, if you are faithful with what you have, God will increase your ability.

Prayer.

Dear Father, I ask that you strengthen me with might according to the riches of your glory by your Spirit in my inner man. I receive strength to remain faithful and committed to Your plan and purpose for my life, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:

Matthew 24:45-47, Colossians 1:7, 1Timothy 1:12

Doing the Word

Develop a consistent character. Be someone others can trust.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION