Sunday 7 February 2016

Ransomed from affliction

Sunday,  February 7th
Ransomed from affliction.

“Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.”
Job 33:24

Jesus Christ is our ransom. Therefore the doctrine of righteousness states that because Jesus Christ has died for you and taken your place, God will treat you as though you never sinned. He will bless you as though you never sinned. Jesus took your place to suffer for your sins so that you will not suffer anymore.

Before God found a ransom, the man that was talked about in our opening scripture, which could stand as a type of all men, was suffering affliction. But when the ransom was found and the price was paid, his captivity was turned.

Job 33:19-30(CEV) show us the picture saying, “Sometimes we are punished with a serious illness and aching joints. Merely the thought of our favorite food makes our stomachs sick, and we become so skinny that our bones stick out. We feel death and the grave taking us in their grip. One of a thousand angels then comes to our rescue by saying we are innocent. The angel shows kindness, commanding death to release us, because the price was paid. Our health is restored, we feel young again, and we ask God to accept us. Then we joyfully worship God, and we are rewarded because we are innocent. When that happens, we tell everyone, "I sinned and did wrong, but God forgave me and rescued me from death! Now I will see the light." God gives each of us chance after chance to be saved from death and brought into the light that gives life.”

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you for the redemptive work of Jesus Christ that has made me free from the consequences of my sins and liberated me from death and all captivity. Thank you for your grace that has delivered me from hell and brought me into the light of life in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Matthew 20:28, 1 Timothy 2:5-6, 1 Peter 1:18-19.

Doing the Word
Give thanks to the Father who has redeemed you from death.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION