Thursday 18 February 2016

Called by Grace

Thursday, February  18th
Called by Grace.

“But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood.”
Galatians 1:15

Our opening scripture shows us that God did not just desire to save you the day you got born again. He has always wanted you saved. He has been trying many times to reach you, though He will not strive with you forever. That's why the Bible says, in Genesis 6:3, “And the LORD said, my spirit shall not always strive with man.” That word strive means, 'umpire'. That means the Holy Spirit will not struggle with you, trying to get you saved forever.

God's call on your life for salvation is based on His grace (Galatians 1:15). The Bible also says in Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” This means that, we are saved by grace, not by works.

You might be out there feeling like you have messed up God's plan because of the wrong things you've done in your life. But I want you to know that God is still reaching out to you today with His grace. What is grace? Grace is unmerited favor, a favor you don't deserve. There is nobody on earth God did not call by grace.

Whatever mistake you have made, remember that Jesus already died as payment for that sin. He purposed to use you to do what he wanted to use you to do before you were even born. Knowing you were going to make those mistakes, He made a remedy in his grace. So don't feel bad and say, “Pastor, can God use me? I have smoked and have done so many bad things.” Yes, He can still use you. He knew you were going to do all that before the foundation of the world. That is why He sent His Son to die for you, and also made sure that you are reached with this message today. Praise God.

Prayer of Salvation.
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal Saviour. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. Amen.”

For further study, read:
Romans 3:23-26, Ephesians 2:4-10, Titus 2:11-14.

Doing the Word
Thank the Lord for His mercy and grace towards you.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION