Friday 29 September 2017

Fulfilling Your Vision Requires Self Control

Friday, September  29th.
Fulfilling Your Vision Requires Self Control

“Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraint; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18 (ASV)

To live without restraint is to live life without self-control because of the lack of vision. One of the reasons I lived a morally upright life was because I allowed my vision to dominate me. I looked into the future and I wanted to have children that will not walk in certain ways because I carry my seed in me. There were certain things I did not think of doing, because I was a man with a vision.

The way you are seeing your future is what is determining your approach to life right now. God has a purpose for your life. Let that purpose get a hold of you and it will change you.

For instance, if you have a vision of writing books till when you are ninety, you should know you shouldn't smoke, because smoking shrinks your brain. Oswald Sanders wrote his last book at the age of ninety-two. He did not dictate it, he wrote it himself. He was still sound in his brain at ninety two.

This is why I had to study how the brain works, and am still researching about the human brain. I want to know how the brain functions. Why are some people forgetful? Are you aware that when you read, you energize your brain cells to create new brain cells? When you stop reading as you should, your brain cells start dying. If you are forgetful, check it, you will discover that you have not been reading as much as you should be reading. I researched on these things because as a teacher of the gospel I need to know how to develop my brain, to keep it sound for as long as am here teaching. So, what do you need to start doing today, or what do you need to restrain yourself from doing because of God's vision for your life? Make the necessary adjustments so that you can fulfill your purpose.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank You for giving me soundness in my spirit, soul and body. Every part of my being functions optimally for the fulfillment of my purpose, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 9:25, 2 Timothy 2:4-7,
Hebrews 11:24-26.

Doing the Word.
Invest in your personality by finding the right resource and information that will increase your effectiveness in line with God's purpose and vision for you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION