Saturday 27 April 2013

Arise!



“Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.” Joshua 1:2(KJV) 

Notice in our opening scripture, God said to Joshua, arise and take the children of Israel into the Promised Land. Now, Moses was supposed to bring them into the Promise Land; but Moses died, and they mourned him for 30 days. After 30 days God said, “Arise, you and all these people.” The NIV says, “… You and all these people, get ready.” This shows you that you prepare for success. God told Joshua, get ready. In other words, God was saying to him, Prepare for success, take responsibility right now Joshua. 

It is time to stop mourning the Moses in your life. Stop complaining and saying, “If only I had gone to school.” But who said to you that the richest people are those who went to school? Yes, it is good to go to school, and it is not too late because you can still go to school now. 

I read of a medical doctor in America that went through different parts to complete his medical degree. His dream was to become a medical doctor. He became a medical doctor at the age of 68. How old are you? It is never too late, all you need to do is to take personal responsibility for where you are and stop wishing saying, “If Moses was here things would have been better.” If you think and talk that way, God will have to wait until you can raise your Moses from the dead for you to start that your journey. 

Therefore, stop complaining and wishing that things were better. Take responsibility for where you are and consciously begin to take steps in the direction of your destiny.

Prayer
Dear Father, today I accept responsibility for my success. I choose to forget the mistakes of the past, and I choose to forgive all those who have wronged me in the past. I also choose to stop complaining, but I ask that you direct my way and my steps in the direction of your destiny for my life in Jesus Name, Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 52:1-2, Isaiah 60:1

Doing the word
Today if you are one of those who have been discouraged, pray and ask God to birth a new dream in your heart, write out your goals and plans and receive grace from God to achieve them.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION