Tuesday 16 April 2013

Preparation births excellence.


“Now all the work of Solomon was prepared unto the day of the foundation of the house of the LORD, and until it was finished. So the house of the LORD was perfected.”
2 Chronicles 8:16(KJV)
Excellence is a product of preparation.
There is a restaurant in America called Buffalo Wild Wings. The lady that runs the restaurant was asked to tell how they became successful; and she said that one of the reasons they were able to spread was because they researched. Then they asked her, “What are you going to be doing to be able to spread your business to Europe, Asia and other parts of the world.” And she answered, “We have a twenty four months plan to research it.” Yet a lot of us just jump at opportunity without preparing for opportunity.

Therefore, I encourage you to prepare for success, be like Solomon whom the Bible says in our opening scripture; prepared adequately for the work of the temple, from the foundation until it was finished and the house was perfected.

So, if you want to have a great business, it is very important you prepare by researching, find out, who is my customer? Who is my competition? What will I offer my customer that will beat my competition?

Buffalo Wild Wings we talked about earlier actually became successful in America because they researched and found out that most of the chickens in America are frozen, so they kept their chicken fresh. They took note of something that they could improve upon that would give them an edge, so that made them successful. So if you are in business today, carry out a research about your competition and discover what will give you an edge over your competition.      

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you because you teach me how to profit in my business and in all that concerns me. Thank you for giving me wisdom above my competitors and wisdom into the hidden details in my field and business. Thank you for ideas and concepts that will bring about exceptional growth and increase in Jesus Name, Amen.

Further Study
2 Chronicles 2:4-18, Proverbs 12:26.

Doing the Word
Make adequate preparations and research so you can effectively maximize your opportunities.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION