Thursday 2 May 2013

Be full of Joy 1.


“And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.” 1 John 1:4(KJV)

From our opening scripture, the Apostle John is letting us know that the Word of God that has been written to us ought to make our joy full and complete. So if you are a person who is not always happy, and you are struggling with depression, you need to spend more time with the Word of God because it is the Word of God that will take you out of that depression. Someone said that the rich has figured out that money is not what brings joy. Money may bring you happiness but money will not bring you joy.

A believer may be complaining saying, “I don’t just know why I am not happy.” Ask him, “Have you spent time with the Word of God today?” Joy is the exuberance of the human spirit. This is why the scriptures say in Romans 14:17, “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” And the Holy Ghost is in your spirit as a child of God. Therefore, as long as you have consistent fellowship with the Holy Spirit, there will be joy in your life.

John 17:13, “And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.” Jesus is saying that His Word will make us filled with His joy.  Joy is one of the indicators of spiritual health. So if you want to know if you are healthy spiritually, you’ve got to have joy in your spirit.

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you for the ministry of Your Word in my life that has filled me with joy in the Holy Ghost. I cast down every spirit of heaviness and depression. Thank you Father for my joy is fulfilled in you in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 4:4, 1 Thessalonians 1:6, Isaiah 61:3.

Doing the Word
Study the Word of God, then take out some time to pray in the Holy Ghost to stir up your joy.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION