Tuesday 28 May 2013

Power in the Word



“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16(KJV)

There is power in the Word of God. And every time you come to the Word of God, it is an appointment with the Holy Spirit. That time is an appointment with God to talk to you. This is important because until you start treating the Word of God that way, you will never walk in the power of God consistently. 

Many people work in the power of God from time to time. It is not consistent in their lives. Some others work in the power of God only when they are in meetings. They do not see the Power of God in their homes because they have not learnt to walk with the Word of God.

The Word of God is a person because the Word of God is God Himself according to John 1:1. So you cannot separate God from His Word and the Word from God because they are one. Therefore until you start taking the Word of God as God talking to you, the Power in the Word will not be released in your life.

For instance, let’s say a Christian says, “I believe in healing.” But the Christian in question is sick and may even die of that sickness. You know why that happens? They only accept that the Word of God is true in their minds, and believe that it is written in the Word of God.  But they have not taken that Word as a personal Word from God to them concerning their health and well being. Therefore the Power in the Word cannot work in their lives. They are like those who just confess saying, “I believe God can do anything.” But they are never at rest; they are always worrying and wondering about how it will come to pass. They don’t really believe. They only mentally assent that the Word of God is true. 

The moment you receive the Word of God as God talking to you, and you have an assurance knowing that if God said it, then it is true and it will surely come to pass. Your faith becomes spontaneous and ready to take a hold of what already belongs to you.

Confession
I am not ashamed of the Word of God because I know it is the Power of God for my salvation. Therefore I declare according to my faith that the Power of God’s Word keeps me in health, He keeps me in prosperity, He establishes my deliverance, He shields me from all harm and gives me victory in all spheres of life. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 3:20-21, 1 Thessalonians 2:13.

Doing the word
Call yourself only what God has called you.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION