Thursday 7 April 2016

Do not hate

Thursday,  April 7th
Do not hate.

“It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].”
1 Corinthians 13:5(AMP)

Our opening scripture reveals some of the characteristics of God's love in every child of God. I remember the story about a lady who said she hated her mother in-law. She was in a meeting where Kenneth Hagin was teaching that every child of God can love because we have the nature of God. God is love, so if we have His nature, it means we have the nature of love.

After the meeting, the lady came to Kenneth Hagin and said, “Sir, I have hatred. I hate my mother in-law.” Kenneth Hagin told her she cannot have hatred as a child of God. She still insisted that she hated her mother in-law. So, he told her to say, “I hate my mother in-law.” And she went ahead and said it. After she did, he asked her, “How do you feel in your spirit?” She told him she felt uneasy inside. He then insisted that, as a child of God, she cannot hate. So she asked him to tell her what to do then and he told her to invite her mother in- law to her house and care for her. This lady went back home and did as she was told, she invited her mother in-law home for dinner and cared for her and let her go home. A few days later, the lady's daughter, who had epilepsy, was having an attack and Kenneth Hagin, who was on his way to service that day, was called.

The Lord spoke to him to tell the lady that, now that she is loving her mother in-law, she has fulfilled the law and as such, the devil has no right to put this sickness on her daughter because sickness is a curse. So he instructed her to say to the devil, “satan I am walking in love, I have fulfilled the law, so take your hands off my daughter and go.” As she did, the epilepsy left her daughter permanently. Walking in love gave her victory over the devil tormenting her daughter. This means, if she had loved her mother in- law previously the devil would not have gained access into her daughter's life.

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I do not hate because I am a child of God; God is love and the nature of God is in me. Therefore, I am full of love. I have the capacity to love and forgive all who have wronged me.

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 3:3, 1 John 3:15, James 3:14-18.

Doing the Word
Choose to buy a gift or do something good for someone you have held an offense against.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION