Sunday 21 August 2016

Where is your trust?

Sunday, August  21st
Where is your trust?

“Thus says the Lord: Cursed [with great evil] is the strong man who trusts in and relies on frail man, making weak [human] flesh his arm, and whose mind and heart turn aside from the Lord.”
Jeremiah 17:5(AMP)

Carefully examine your heart to find out where you have put your trust. Is your trust really in God or in men? Is your confidence in what God can do for you and make you, or in what man can do for you and make you? God uses men, but never make any mortal man your arm.

Rely only on God, never rely on men. Human help is limited; it can only take you as far as they can go. God's help is all sufficient, it has no limitations. I had an experience ten years ago when we wanted to use the hall of a particular organization for our services. We applied for the hall and they said we were the third church to apply for the use of the hall. Note that one of the churches that applied was the church that the person in charge of the hall was attending and they already applied before us. Also, one of our members at that time had her father working with that organization, so I asked her to tell her dad that we needed the place, when she went and told her father, the response from her father who had some influence made it look impossible for us to use the place. That was when I decided to lean entirely on the Lord. When I did, all the hurdles were taken out of the way and the place was approved for us to use.

Notice that the man that had influence could not help us to get the hall, but when we relied on God alone without knowing anyone we got the hall for free. Stop looking for the connection of men, use God's connection.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I choose to lean entirely on you. I turn my heart completely away from men and all their promises. I make you my source for all things and my only resource for all my needs, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Psalm 118:8-9, Psalm 146:3-4, 2 Chronicles 32:7-8.

Doing the Word
Trust only God.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION