Monday 8 August 2016

Celebrate the Lord

Monday, August  8th
Celebrate the Lord.

“When David returned to bless his family, Saul's daughter Michal came out to meet him. "How dignified Israel's king was today! He was exposing himself before the eyes of the slave girls of his palace staff-like a mindless fool might expose himself!" David answered Michal, "I didn't dance in front of the slave girls but in front of the LORD. He chose me rather than your father or anyone in your father's house, and he appointed me leader of Israel, the LORD'S people. I will celebrate in the LORD'S presence, and I will degrade myself even more than this. Even if I am humiliated in your eyes, I will be honored by these slave girls you speak about."”                 2 Samuel 6:20-22(GW)

David was willing to humble himself in the presence of the Lord and danced before God because he was conscious that it was God who made him who he was. He did not act big in the presence of God. Therefore, God honoured him. When you feel big in the presence of God and will not celebrate with a dance in his presence, you will not see big things. Humble yourself and play before God. To play before God also means to rejoice before God.

Jeremiah 30:19(DRB) says, “And out of them shall come forth praise, and the voice of them that play: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be made few: and I will glorify them, and they shall not be lessened.”

Instruction.
By yourself give the Lord a dance of praise for all His goodness towards you.

For further study, read:
Psalm 30:11, Psalm 149:3, Psalm 150:4.

Doing the Word.
Rejoice without shame in the presence of the Lord.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION