Saturday 29 July 2017

How To Become Righteous?

 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”               Galatians 2:16

From our opening scripture it is obvious to us that no flesh is justified in the sight of God by keeping the law. In other words, no man can be made righteous in the sight of God by keeping the law. No matter how much you keep the law, you are not righteous in the sight of God, you may be righteous in someone else's sight but not in the sight of God because God knows the heart. The Bible says in 1 Samuel 16:7, “…for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.”

So how do you become righteous? Galatians 2:16(ALT) says, “having known that a person is not justified [or, declared righteous] by works of [the] Law but by means of faith in Jesus Christ, we also believed in Christ Jesus, so that we shall be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of [the] Law, because no flesh [at] all will be justified by works of [the] Law!”

Therefore, “… if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10.

Except by the means of faith in Jesus Christ, you cannot be righteous. Righteousness is a gift and it is the inheritance of those who believe in Jesus Christ. Therefore, one of the ways we express our faith in Jesus Christ is by being born again. So, if you want to be born again please pray the prayer below:

Prayer of Salvation.
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal Saviour. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. I declare that I am righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Amen.”

For further study, read:
Galatians 3:10-12, Acts 13:39, Galatians 3:22-24, Romans 3:21-26, Romans 4:5-8.

Doing the Word.
Let your confidence be in Christ and not in yourself.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION