Saturday 29 September 2012

Humility 3.


 “And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”    
 Matthew 3:16-17(KJV).

From our opening scripture, we notice that after Jesus submitted Himself to the baptism of John, the Heaven’s was opened unto Him, and God publicly declared Jesus to be His Son. Jesus also got a fresh out pouring of the Holy Spirit upon His life that day. All these happened as a result of Him choosing the path of humility. So, walking in humility as a child of God is for your own benefit.
Think for a moment and ask yourself what would have happened if Jesus had decided not to be baptized by John. He would have traded God’s plan because of pride. Today a lot of believers have traded their destinies without knowing just because of their refusal to submit to God’s plan for their lives.
Imagine Jesus; God in the flesh submitting to John’s baptism. And the bible says, the heavens were opened unto Him. If you want to see unusual favor in your life, you’ve got to be humble. If you want to live under an open heaven, you’ve also got to be humble. Cultivate the right attitude; for that is the way you are going to see great success in your life. Do not go in the way of pride, the bible says in Proverbs 16:18 that, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”

CONFESSION
Lord I offer my life to you, all that I am, all that I have, all that I have done and accomplished, all the titles that men have given to me and all the awards I have won. I lay them down before you and I declare that, “I am what I am today by the Grace of God.” May all the praise and glory, be to your Name. Amen.

Proverbs 11:12, 1 Timothy 3:6, 1Corinthians 15:8-10

DOING THE WORD
Serve in humility and trust in God’s grace for your promotion at the appointed time.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION