Monday 17 September 2012

You have an Inheritance.


 “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”  
Romans 8:17(KJV).

From our opening scripture, we see that as children of God, we have become heirs, heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. Then if we are heirs, it therefore means that we have an inheritance. So, how do we access our inheritance? 
Paul says in Acts 20:32, “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.”  This shows us that our inheritance is revealed to us from the Word of God. The word of God is the will that contains our inheritance. But before we can really begin to enjoy our inheritance in its fullness, we must first be built up by the word of God, which helps us to grow into our inheritance.
 Acts 20:32(GW) says, "I am now entrusting you to God and to his message that tells how kind he is. That message can help you grow and can give you the inheritance that is shared by all of God's holy people.”

Therefore my beloved, as you fast today, spend time in the Word of God, because the Word of God is that message that will help you grow spiritually. It is the food for your spirit man (1 Peter 2:2). And as you grow spiritually, the Word will give you the inheritance. In other words, as you grow spiritually, you would begin to enjoy the fullness of the blessing and our heritage in Christ. Don’t remain a child spiritually; grow by the Word, because the more you grow, the more of God’s blessings you would enjoy. 

CONFESSION
I have received Christ. I have power. God’s ability is at work in me. I am born of God; therefore I am a son of God which makes me an heir. I am an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ. All things are mine and I do not lack anything good. Amen.

Psalm 84:11, Romans 8:32, 1 Corinthians 3:21-23, Revelations 21:7.

DOING THE WORD
Give God thanks for He has brought you into a life of abundance.  

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION