Saturday 16 August 2014

Supernatural Influence

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” 
Acts 10:38(KJV) 

The measure of the influence of God's Spirit over your life is what determins the measure of your influence with men. Therefore if you want to have lasting influence with men, then you must have a relationship with the Holy Spirit. See Judges 6:34.

Child of God influence is supernatural. For instance when you observe the life of David, after he was anointed by Samuel to be king over Israel, (See 1 Samuel 16:13) he didn't become king of Israel overnight, but his influence continued to rise in Israel steadily from one level to another until he eventually became king over all of Israel.

As David's influence increased, the men of Judah came by themselves to make David king. The Bible says in 2 Samuel 2:4, “And the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah…” Afterwards in 2 Samuel 5:1-3(MSG), “Before long all the tribes of Israel approached David in Hebron and said, "Look at us--your own flesh and blood! In time past when Saul was our king, you're the one who really ran the country.

Even then GOD said to you, 'You will shepherd my people Israel and you'll be the prince.'" All the leaders of Israel met with King David at Hebron, and the king made a treaty with them in the presence of GOD. And so they anointed David king over Israel.”

PRAYER
Dear Father I surrender my life to you, I give you my will, my mind and my emotions. Anoint me with fresh oil today even as I position myself for a closer walk with you in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
Luke 5:15-16, Luke 6:12-13, Matthew 14:23, Matthew 6:6, Acts 6:4.

DOING THE WORD
I encourage you today to schedule a personal daily time of fellowship with  the Holy Spirit in prayer and the Word.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION