Saturday 13 September 2014

The purpose of prosperity

“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” 
Genesis 12:2-3(KJV)

From our opening scripture we see that there was a purpose for the blessing that was upon Abraham. God blessed him for a definite purpose by giving him a global vision, and that vision was for him to be a blessing to all the families of the earth.

There is a reason why God has blessed you. There is a reason why God wants you to prosper. That reason is the purpose for prosperity. The purpose for prosperity is not just for you to be able to eat and spend money satisfying your own selfish desires alone. The purpose of prosperity is much more than that.

The Bible shows us the purpose of our prosperity when God spoke to the children of Israel in Deuteronomy 8:8 saying, “But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”

So the purpose of prosperity is to establish His covenant. That means that the focus of your prosperity should be the kingdom of God. Why is it important for you to know this? It is because if the kingdom is not the focus of your prosperity as a child of God, your money will eventually destroy you. (See Proverbs 1:32)

Therefore no matter where you are in your journey of prosperity, get addicted to kingdom expansion and God will see to it that you increase more and more because He knows that your prosperity will establish His covenant.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you for showing me the purpose for my prosperity. I ask that as I addict myself to kingdom expansion may I experience continual increase in my journey of prosperity in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Psalm 35:27, 2 Corinthians 8:1-5, Philippians 4:15-19

DOING THE WORD
Make up your mind to partner with the gospel consistently.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION