Thursday 18 September 2014

Reverence God 2

“O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.” 
Psalm 34:9(KJV)

I heard a dear minister of God speak concerning his passion and reverence for the Lord. This minister said he had made up his mind to be the biggest offering giver in his church. When I heard that, I was stirred to begin to practice the same thing, and by the grace of God I have been going higher and higher in every way.

Why do I give the way I do? It is because of my high regard for God. Therefore what I will not give to my fellow man I will not give to God. David in 2 Samuel 24:24 had to offer a sacrifice to the Lord and Araunah the Jebusite offered to give David the king all he needed to offer the sacrifice as a free gift but David revealing his reverential fear and regard for God said to Araunah, “…Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.”

David refused to offer to God that which cost him nothing. What about you? Do you offer to God that which cost you nothing? Some Christians who do not understand what it means to hold God in high regard will come to church and give Him their change, not because that is all they have, but because they do not know that their offering is part of the expression of their worship and value to God.

INSTRUCTION
Start expressing increased reverence for God specially in your giving. As you learn to give at the highest point in your level, God will surely increase you more and more.

For further study read: 
Malachi 1:6-14, Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:6-8.

DOING THE WORD
Fear not, the Lord will surely multiply your seed sown.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION