Friday 19 September 2014

Don't envy the wicked

“Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.”                  
 Psalm 73:13(KJV)

The Psalmist in our opening scripture laments because of his sincerity to God after he had compared himself with unbelievers who seemed to be doing well and prosperous. He felt God had not rewarded him right for living in sincerity and purity.

Do you know that there are Christians like that today who compare themselves with unbelievers and feel like God had not treated them fair enough? This was the ordeal of the Psalmist here. The Psalmist said in Psalm 73:2-3(GW), “But my feet had almost stumbled. They had almost slipped because I was envious of arrogant people when I saw the prosperity that wicked people enjoy.”

Child of God do not make the mistake of comparing yourself with unbelievers because you are not working the same principles with them. The Bible shows us their way in Psalm 73:8, “They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.” You can't walk in the same way as a child of God. The Bible reveals to us the end of these wicked men who may seem to be prosperous and rich today without God.

The Bible says in Psalm 73:17-20(GNB), “until I went into your Temple. Then I understood what will happen to the wicked. You will put them in slippery places and make them fall to destruction! They are instantly destroyed; they go down to a horrible end. They are like a dream that goes away in the morning; when you rouse yourself, O Lord, they disappear.” This is the end of the wicked. Don't envy them because they are on their way to swift destruction, but you are on your way to uncommon prosperity therefore maintain your sincerity to God.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you for revealing to me the end of the wicked. I ask that you strengthen me with might by your Spirit in my inward man to remain steadfast to you and the principles of prosperity always in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
Job 27:8, Psalm 37:37-38,  Ecclesiastes 8:12-13.

DOING THE WORD
Trust in God's grace to help you overcome every temptation to compromise your faith.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION