Saturday 12 March 2016

Why did Paul suffer?

Saturday, March 12th
Why did Paul suffer?


“The Lord told Ananias, "Go! I've chosen this man to bring my name to nations, to kings, and to the people of Israel. I'll show him how much he has to suffer for the sake of my name."”
 Acts 9:15-16(GW)

Do you know that as a result of the lack of understanding many Christians have on the doctrine of forgiveness there are many who have erroneously taught and believed that the things that the Apostle Paul suffered was because he persecuted Christians before he became born again.

Our opening scripture shows us the reason why he suffered the things he suffered when the Lord spoke to Ananias concerning Paul. The Lord said, “I'll show him how much he has to suffer for the sake of my name.” So, Paul suffered lots of persecutions not because of his sins but because of the name of Jesus which he preached.

Paul himself revealed that he suffered persecutions because of the gospel not because of himself or his sins. He spoke concerning these things in 2 Timothy 1:8, 11-12(GW), “So never be ashamed to  tell others about our Lord or be ashamed of me, his prisoner. Instead, by God's power, join me in suffering for the sake of the Good News. I was appointed to be a messenger of this Good News, an apostle, and a teacher. For this reason I suffer as I do. However, I'm not ashamed. I know whom I trust. I'm convinced that he is able to protect what he had entrusted to me until that day.”

Note that Paul did not suffer for his sins neither does God expect you to suffer for your sins. We are only permitted to suffer for the gospel sake.  

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus Christ to take my place in suffering for my sins and dying my death, in order to bring me into the newness of life, that I may live for Him bringing Him praise and glory, today and always in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Matthew 5:10-12, 2 Timothy 3:12, 1 Peter 4:12-16.

Doing the Word.
Count it all joy when you are persecuted because of Jesus.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION