Wednesday 9 November 2016

Sin can cause sickness.

Wednesday, November 9th.
Sin can cause sickness.

“Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.”
John 5:14

One of the causes of sickness is sin. Judging from the beginning, before Adam sinned there was no sickness. So sin brought in sickness. This is why in our opening scripture, Jesus admonishes the man that had been healed to sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto him. Why? Sin opens the door to sickness.

In Deuteronomy 28 from verse 15, we see that when people do not obey God's commandments there are certain curses that will come upon them. These curses come on them because they sinned by not obeying the Lord's commands. I want us to look at some of these curses that sin brings in Deuteronomy 28:22, “The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, (tuberculosis) and with a fever, and with an inflammation, (swellings, growth) and with an extreme burning, (internal heat) …” (Emphasis added in bracket is mine.)

There are more sicknesses that sin can open you to found in Deuteronomy 28:27-28, “The LORD will smite thee with the botch (boils) of Egypt, and with the emerods, (tumors) and with the scab, (scurvy) and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed. The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:” (Emphasis added in bracket is mine.)

Therefore I encourage you to sin no more if you want to live in health. The remedy for sin is in  Christ Jesus. So, if you are not born again, or you are a backslider, I encourage you to pray the prayer of salvation below:

Prayer of Salvation.
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He is the Son of God. I believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I believe that You raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. With my mouth I confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord, I take Him as my personal Saviour. By my faith in the blood of Jesus, I believe I receive the washing away of all my sins. By my faith in the Name of Jesus, I believe I receive eternal life into my spirit. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person from this day forward. Amen.”

For further study, read:
Psalm 119:67, Hosea 6:1, John 5:1-14.

Doing the Word.
Choose to turn away from all wrong doings.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION