Saturday 25 March 2017

God speaks through the Bible.

Saturday, March 25th.
God speaks through the Bible.

“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.”
Psalm 119:18

God speaks to you through His Word. The Bible is the voice of God in print. This means that God can speak to you from the written Word in the Bible. This is why you can be studying the Bible and a certain verse will just come alive to you as though it was written specifically to you. Anytime that happens, that is God talking to you from the scriptures.

For instance, my coming to Bayelsa was got from the scriptures. I was studying my Bible and I got to Matthew 4:15-16(NKJV), “The land of Zebulon, and the land of Naphtali, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light; And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.” When I read, “The land of Zebulon, …” Deuteronomy 33:18-19 came to my spirit that made me know according to the scriptures that Zebulon shall suck from the abundance of the sea. The abundance of the sea refers to oil wealth. “And the land of Naphtali ...” Naphtali refers to wrestlings, also Genesis 49:21 also came to my spirit where the Bible lets us know that Naphtali speaks goodly words.

So as God spoke to me I understood that the place He was sending me to was a place in between Naphtali and Zebulon. Naphtali as I understood referred to Warri; a city in Delta State where slangs originates from in the Niger Delta and they have been some unrest in the city at that time. Then Zebulon the oil rich city was Port Harcourt. So the state in between these states where you find these two cities is Bayelsa. Bayelsa at that time fitted the description of Matthew 4:16 because the State had been in darkness for about six months because at that time because the turbine they used was faulty. On hearing this I just knew in my spirit that Bayelsa was the place. It is the place of my rising. So, the Bible can also talk to you as you let the Holy Spirit guide you in the context of God's plan for your life.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You grant me an understanding of the mystery of Your will even as I study Your Word daily, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Daniel 9:2, 1 Timothy 1:18, 2 Peter 1:19.

Doing the Word.
Take note of the scriptures that God gives to you and use them to war a good warfare.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION