Wednesday 10 June 2020

Persist In Prayer 1


“And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.”
Luke 11:5-8 (NKJV).

The fifth condition that guarantees answers to prayer is this: 'Prayer must be prayed persistently'.


There are certain things you need to pray persistently for in the spirit that is in other tongues until you have a note of victory.

I remember a minister that used to be troubled with ulcer pains. One day, he knelt down to pray and he told the Lord that he was going to pray until he had a note of victory and he stayed there praying in tongues for hours until he slept off. That was the last day he was ever troubled by that pain. What changed, he meant the prayer with persistence and he received the answer.

Persistent prayer is heartfelt and continued just like the prayer Elijah prayed. He prayed earnestly for seven times and continued until he prayed through to victory, then he said, I hear the sound of an abundance of rain. He was persistent until he got the answer.

Instruction.
Please read Isaiah 45:1-2 and pray that every opposition against you will bow in this season.

For further study, read:
Genesis 32:24-29, 1 Kings 18:41-46, Isaiah 62:1, Acts 12:5, Ephesians 6:18, 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Doing the Word
Make up your mind to be persistent in prayer then deal with that issue that has lingered and pray until you have a note of victory.

#JesusIsLord
#JesusIsAlive
#TheGospelChallenge

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION