Monday 15 October 2012

A new view of you 1.



“Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.” 
Jeremiah 1:6-8.(KJV).

When you have a new view of you, it is then you will be able to inspire others. How can you inspire others to follow you when you don't believe in the potentials for greatness that God has put inside of you?

As a leader, you must have a self awareness. For example Jesus our ultimate example said in John 8:14, “… Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go;…”  Jesus from what we understand from His words in the verse we just read knew from where He was from and He knew where He was going. He was not insecure. That is why He is acclaimed the greatest leader that ever lived.

As a leader, do you know where you are going? Do you have a vision? If you don't have a vision as a leader, you would not have a destination, and if you do not have a destination you would not be motivated, and if you are not motivated, you definitely would not be able to motivate or inspire others to follow you.

Jesus knew who he was. In John 8:12, Jesus said, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” He knew who He was. That was why He was able to say confidently in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  He knew who He was and He showed them the destination of everyone who follows Him.

Therefore, just like Jesus, we ought to have a good self awareness; knowing who we are and what we have been called to do, if we are going to be successful.

CONFESSION
I declare that I am who God says I am. I am the light of the world, a city that is set on hill that cannot be hidden. I am God's point of contact to my world, declaring God's love plan to those I come in contact with. I do not walk in darkness, I walk in light because I follow Christ. Amen.

For further study read:
Matthew 5:13-16, Ephesians 5:8, Philippians 2:15,
I Thessalonians 5:5.

DOING THE WORD
Live your life with confidence according to the picture that have been shown to you from the word of God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION