Tuesday 16 October 2012

A new view of you 2.


 “… Jesus took one look up and said, "You're John's son, Simon? From now on your name is Cephas" (or Peter, which means "Rock").” 
John 1:42(MSG)

Before God used any man, He first gave them a new view of themselves before He sends them.
There was a man by the name Simon in the scriptures. Simon means, reed, unstable, unpredictable, impetuous, thoughtless, and impulsive. When Jesus came into His life, Jesus said to him in Matthew 16:18, “… thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”  Why did Jesus have to do that? It is because; you cannot lead without a new self concept. You can also see this in the story of Gideon in Judges 6:12-16.

Many years ago, God spoke to me and He said, “Dominion begins with a proper self concept.” You cannot lead without knowing who you are. I know who I am according to the Word of God, and I also know who I am according to my assignment. I know who I am; I am a generational leader. I am an Apostle. Yes, I am a Pastor; and to be a Pastor means you are a shepherd. It is important that you also know that Apostles are shepherds. Peter was an Apostle and if you read 1 Peter 5:1, you would discover that Peter was also a shepherd; it means the feeder of the sheep.

The word apostle is from the Greek word ‘apostolos’ which means a sent one, one sent with a commission, an ambassador of the gospel, or one sent with a message or a special assignment. That is why I said I am an Apostle, because God has sent me with the message of this new life, to open men's eyes, to turn them from darkness to light, from the power of satan unto God, that they may receive the forgiveness of sins and to bring them into their inheritance in Christ.

Do you know who you are? If you don't, it is important you find out from God before you get into leadership. But if you are already in leadership and you do not know who you are, you can get that knowledge from God so that you can lead with the proper self concept.

CONFESSION
Dear Father, I thank you for saving me and giving me a new self concept. I declare that I am a new creature. I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar person, to show forth the praises of God, who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light. Amen.

For further study read:
Judges 6:12-16, Exodus 19:6, Deuteronomy 4:20, 7:6,
 Deuteronomy14:2, 26:19, I Peter 2:9, Revelation 5:10, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 2:14.

DOING THE WORD
Rejoice in who God has made you, pray about it and let God tell you who you are, what He wants to do with your life, your family, etc.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION