Tuesday 30 October 2012

You are God's selected favorite.


“For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called”  
1 Corinthians 1:26(KJV).

God wants to give you a new view of you because He wants to use you. From our opening scripture, He wants you to know that His call upon your life is not because of any qualification you’ve got in your flesh.

The bible says in 1 Corinthians 1:27-29, “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.”

So, God chose you because He wanted you. You are His selected favorite. The bible says in John 15:16, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: …”  In other words, no matter who you are, where you are from or what you have done? When God chooses you, He uses His grace to qualify you for what He has called you to do.

The bible lets us know that Paul the Apostle before he was called of God, persecuted the church and made havoc of it according to Acts 8:3. Inspite of all the wrong things that he did to the body of Christ, God still chose him to be an Apostle to the Gentiles. And then when God needed someone to write the Epistles, he went to Paul, a former murderer of the saints. The Apostle Paul said in his own words in Galatians 1:13-16, “For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: … But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood.”

Know that no matter what you may have done in your past, God still has a plan to use you. Just surrender to Him.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for choosing me, counting me faithful and qualifying me by your grace to do your will in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Ephesians 3:8, 1 Timothy 1:12-16.

DOING THE WORD
 Stop looking at all the bad things you have done and say yes to the call of God upon your life today. He chose you because He believes in you, He believes in you because of the future He sees of you.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION