Wednesday 3 October 2012

Don't waste your life.


“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” 
Psalm 90:12(KJV).

There are three phases of your life. 0-30 is your learning years. 30-60 are your giving years and 60-90 are your rewarding years.

When I found out that from 0-30 are my learning years, I started reading. And one day, while I was in the library reading, the librarian came and asked me a question saying, “What is your name?” I told him my name. Then he asked another question, “Why are you always reading?” Then I said, I want to be able to leave so much information for generations to come. He looked at me and said, “What are you talking about?” I replied, “I have one life to live and it must not be wasted.”

You have just one life to live, don't waste it. For instance, someone may say that his goal in life is to build the largest house in Yenagoa. Twenty years from now, that house which he has built as his life goal would not be among the first forty best houses. How do you think he will feel when his life goal has become insignificant?  This reminds me of the story of the man who built one of the first best houses in Benin City many years ago. He will stand in front of his house waving to everybody that passed by, because he had the best house in the city at that time. But today, that house is not remembered.

So, what legacy are you going to live behind, that even in an hundred years to come, you will be remembered for that thing.
For instance, Martin Luther King died on the 4th of April 1968, but he is still been celebrated today by both whites and blacks in America because of the significance of his life. He lived for a vision and that vision inspired follower-ship.

Therefore, live your life with a vision far greater than all selfish human ambition. Martin Luther King said, “the man that has nothing to die for, is not fit to live.” Even Jesus Himself said, “… If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.” This shows us that the road to timeless significance demands selfless sacrifice.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I ask that you reveal to me in clear terms your vision for my life. I receive grace from you to help me number my days and apply my heart to your wisdom always in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
Psalm 39:4, Deuteronomy 32:29, Ecclesiastes 9:10, Proverbs 23:12, Proverbs 23:23.

DOING THE WORD
Commit yourself to God's vision for your life and lay aside all selfish ambitions.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION