Thursday 11 October 2012

You words have influence.


“From the very beginning, I told what would happen long before it took place ...” 
Isaiah 46:10(CEV)

I remember the story of President Richard Nixon of America. He said one morning, his mother was reading the bible and she turned to him and said, “One day in your life, Israel may be in trouble. When they are in trouble, do what you can to help them.” When she made that statement, she never knew that her son would become the president of the United States of America.

During the time he was president of the United States of America, Israel was in a war and they were surrounded by Muslim nations and the Israeli Prime Minister who was a woman at that time was so scared she didn't know what to do. For Israel was surrounded by these vicious armies who were one way or the other financed by some other powerful nations. So, she was faced with the challenge of not knowing how she was going to fight these armies. So, she called the President of America, who  said, “when she called, her voice sounded like my mother's voice and I remembered what my mother told me as a child; that one day Israel would need my help, and that I should do what I can to help them.” At that moment, he gave a presidential order that all the military equipment that Israel needs, should be delivered to them immediately. And Israel was able to win that war. It was made possible by the initial influence of a mother.

Your influence has a far more reaching effect than you know, so don't look down on yourself that you are just a teacher, or a children's church teacher, or just a mother. No. you have the

ability to influence the destinies of future generations by the positive impact you are able to make in the life of that young child today. So, don't trivialize your present assignment. Do you know that Mikhail Gorbachev’s mother also influenced him to dissolve the Soviet Union? Your influence counts. Use it wisely.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I ask that whenever I speak to those under my influence may the words you put in my mouth frame their lives in line with your destiny for them. In Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
2 Peter 1:21, Luke 1:67-80.

DOING THE WORD
Let your words be seasoned always with grace.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION