Tuesday 6 August 2013

Your destiny in God

“Then I asked, 'What am I to do, Lord?' The Lord told me, 'Get up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told everything you are destined to do.'” 
Acts 22:10(ISV)

Many live their lives based on assumptions. They assume that God has called them to do what they are doing when God has not spoken to them.

Yesterday I told you the story of Kenneth Hagin who Pastored successfully for twelve years, only to discover afterwards that God had not called him to Pastor. So he left Pastoring and again assumed that God had now called him to become an evangelist. After three years, he discovered he was called to be a Prophet and Teacher.

Don't gamble with your life. This is because you cannot claim God's perfect provision for your life, unless you are in God's perfect will for your life doing what God has destined you to do.    

I believe that one of the reasons the Apostle Paul had great success in what God called him to do was because he had a sense of purpose.

For instance, when Jesus appeared to him in Acts 9:6, he asked a definite question, “…Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?”

That was the first question he asked, he wanted to know the purpose of his call. And the Lord answered him saying, “… Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.” There was no gamble, neither was he working by assumption. He knew the right city to go into and remain till he received further instructions from the Lord.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you for granting me revelation knowledge of the way you have ordained for me to walk in. Thank you Father for your Spirit teaches me to do your will and leads me in the path of righteousness in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Psalm 143:10, Proverbs 3:5-6, Isaiah 30:21.  

DOING THE WORD
Ask the Lord to tell you precisely what He has called you to do. Follow the instructions that he gives you and do not assume or follow your own way.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION