Tuesday 31 December 2013

Agape

“He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” 1 John 4:8(KJV)

In this month's devotional, we have examined 'Agape' which refers to the God-kind of love. This kind of love is unconditional, it is a selfless and a self sacrificing love.

Agape is a reflection of God's love towards you. Do you know that God loves you unconditionally? His love for you is selfless and self sacrificing as demonstrated when he gave his only begotten son for your sins.

1 John 4:9-10 says, “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

The question I would like to ask you today is this, “Have you accepted that love?” If you are not yet born again, that is, you have not yet received Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life, it means that you have not yet experienced Agape love. If you have not yet experienced Agape love, you will not be able to give Agape love.

So if you are not yet born again, I  encourage you today to pray the prayer below because God's greatest desire for you, is for you to be saved. It is when you are saved, you will begin to know and appreciate the love of Christ towards you. That love will be poured into your heart, where it will begin to grow in your heart until it overflows to those around you. Please pray the prayer of salvation below if you want to receive Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour.

Say out loud, “O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that you raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal savior. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit and I ask that you fill my heart with your love even now. Amen.”

For further study read: 
1 Corinthians 13:1-13, 1 Corinthians 16:14.

DOING THE WORD
Please pray the prayer in Philippians 1:9-11 for yourself.  

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION