Tuesday 8 September 2015

Saved by faith.

Saved by faith.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”        
 Matthew 11:28

A lot of people today are trying to be saved. They are earnestly seeking to become righteous according to their own terms because they are ignorant of the righteousness of God.
The Bible tells us in Romans 9:30(AMP) says, “What shall we say then? That Gentiles who did not follow after righteousness [who did not seek salvation by right relationship to God] have attained it by faith [a righteousness imputed by God, based on and produced by faith],” Salvation which brings righteousness is imputed onto us by God, and it is based on and produced by our faith in Jesus Christ. When anyone begins to look for other ways to attain to salvation and righteousness without faith in Jesus Christ and His grace towards us in His redemptive work, such a person will never get it.

This is why the Bible says in Romans 9:31-32(AMP), “Whereas Israel, though ever in pursuit of a law [for the securing] of righteousness (right standing with God), actually did not succeed in fulfilling the Law. For what reason? Because [they pursued it] not through faith, relying [instead] on the merit of their works [they did not depend on faith but on what they could do]. They have stumbled over the Stumbling Stone.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Instruction:
If you are born again, I encourage you to express thanksgiving to the Father for the gift of salvation. If you are not born again, I encourage you to pray the prayer of salvation below.

For further study read:
Romans 3:23-28, John 5:24, Acts 16:31,
Romans 10:9-10.

Prayer of Salvation:
“O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal Saviour. Jesus, come into my heart and make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. Amen.”

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION