Thursday 17 September 2015

(Remain humble.)

Wednesday September 16th 2015
(Remain humble.)
“…Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
James 4:6

Our opening scripture shows us that, for God to give you more grace, you must be humble. Do you treat others with contempt because you believe you are better than them? That pride will hinder more grace from flowing towards you from God.

Some people think of themselves more highly than they ought to think after they get born again. That pride causes them to begin to embellish their past by lying concerning things they did, and struggles they had, etc. If you are that way, you will hinder more grace from flowing towards you. That is why some are still struggling in their Christian lives and some fall back into the world because of these secret lies and pride.

Grace increases with humility. This means that you are depending more on God than in your own ability. This is why 1 Corinthians 1:25-29 says, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.”


Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank you for saving me and making me your own. I acknowledge in all humility that without you I can do nothing. Your grace is what has made me who I am today. It has enabled me to do all I have done and has given me all I have. I give all the glory and praise to you Lord, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Matthew 23:12, Romans 12:3, 1 Corinthians 4:7, Philippians 2:3-11.

Doing the Word:
Give the Lord praise. Sing songs. Recount the things He has done for you and thank Him for it.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION