Friday 2 August 2019

A WORD IN DUE SEASON FRIDAY 2ND 2019

Take His Yoke

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:29-30.

Jesus tells us in our opening scripture that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. This means that if you are burdened by the work God has called you to do, it means that you are not working in partnership with Him.

What does Jesus mean when He said, “Take my yoke upon you …” To be yoked to someone means you are joined to that person. For instance, marriage is a yoking. That is why the Bible says, “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: …” 2 Corinthians 6:14.

Hence, when Jesus tells you to take His yoke upon you, He is telling you to work in partnership with Him. Don't try to do whatever God tells you to do by yourself or in your own ability; work in partnership with Him.

In my walk with God, there are times He instructs me to rest and I reply saying, “Lord, how can I rest, there is so much work to do.” Until He made me know that He is the Lord of the work. As I repented and chose to walk in partnership with Him; not trying to carry the burdens by myself but instead casting it on the Lord the easier the work becomes.

I encourage you to stop worrying about your life or the work God has called you to do but instead cast your burdens on the Lord and be at rest being conscious that He is able to take care of it. Whenever you are worrying about anything, know that you are not depending on God.

Instruction.
List out the areas of your life where you have been burdened and cast it to the Lord.

For further study, read:
Genesis 28:15, Deuteronomy 31:6, Philippians 4:6, Hebrews 13:5-6, 1 Peter 5:7(AMP).

Doing the Word
Stop carrying your burdens alone, cast them on the Lord. 

Bible Reading: 30 Day Challenge.
Read Proverbs Chapter 2.
 To Read The Gospels Once: Matthew Chapters 4-6. To Read The Gospels Thrice: Matthew Chapters 4-6, Mark Chapters 4-6 and Luke Chapters 4-6.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION