Monday 26 August 2019

Forgive 1



“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?”
Matthew 18:21.

During the days in which Jesus lived, the Jewish rabbis had taught that you should forgive those who offend you at least twice, this was why when Peter came to Jesus and asked in our opening scripture, “…Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?” Peter felt Jesus was going to be impressed with him only for Jesus to answer Peter saying, “… I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” Matthew 18:22. Jesus is saying do not stop forgiving until four hundred and ninety times.

This is to say that an individual has a right to forgiveness from you and I four hundred and ninety times. I believe that when you have consistently forgiven someone for four hundred and ninety times you must have learnt to overlook their short comings against you.

I encourage men who are married to give their wives the law of advance forgiveness. Let her know that she has already been forgiven by you of everything she will ever do to offend you. When you relate this way with your wife and your wife relates in the same way to you, the sweeter your marriage will be for you. It will be like heaven on earth.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You cause my love to abound more and more towards the brethren and towards all men, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Isaiah 55:7, Micah 7:19, Romans 12:21.

Doing the Word
Owe no one anything but to love them, in other words, pay your debts, but the only debt you should never finish paying is love. Never stop loving.

Bible Reading: 30 Day Challenge.
Read Proverbs Chapter 26.
 To Read The Gospels Once: John Chapters 10-12. To Read The Gospels Thrice: John Chapters 7-9, Matthew Chapters 13-15 and
Luke Chapters 22-24.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION