Friday 15 November 2019

DREAMS DO COME TRUE




As we commemorate the day that we began the ministry as a Campus Fellowship. It behooves me to republish a post I once put out some time ago. My life is an unbroken stream of supernatural involvement. My birth, my childhood and my journey into adulthood. I will explain some other time.

Do dreams come true? Yes they do. Emphatically yes. I remember several years ago when the Lord laid it in my heart that I was going to pioneer a ministry. It seemed impossible, out of reach and incredulous. I asked myself many questions. How was I going to get fresh messages for the people every time I speak throughout my life. I was only seventeen years old. I also thought of the fact that the work of the ministry will require a consistent, open-ended flow of finances. How was I going to get the money for the work. I was unqualified, inadequate and incapable of doing the work. I considered myself unfit for the job. But thanks be unto God who gives us the victory.

The more I walked with God, the more I realized that what I was worrying about was God’s part. He is the One that qualifies the called. He is the One that gives us utterance and fills our hearts and minds with revelation. He is also the Sponsor of His work. He is the One who sends people to help you. He is the One who sends laborers to assist you in doing the work. He is the One that draws people to the Church. He is also the One who keeps them in the work. Hallelujah!

I then realized that Ministry is partnering with God in His redemptive plan. I am simply a co-laborer with God. See 1 Corinthians 3:9; 2 Corinthians 6:1. We are God’s coworkers. Yes we are God’s partners.

In a partnership enterprise, each partner has his own definite tasks and roles to which he is assigned. My role is to give myself to prayer, Study the Word, be godly example, love the brethren etc. For all that I am required to do, it is also God who gives me the grace and the ability to do my work competently, confidently and consistently. Ministry is a God thing. It is God working in you, on you, for you and through you to bless the world. Paul says, “I strive according to His working which worketh in me mightily.” See Colossians 1:29.

All the ability to do God’s work is available to you in the Person of the Holy Spirit. It is by His ability at work in us that we are able to execute or carry out assignments effectively. Hallelujah! He is the Spirit of wisdom. He is the Spirit of grace. He is the Spirit of Holiness. He is the Spirit of love. He is the Spirit of life. He is the Spirit of glory. He is the Spirit of Power. He is the Spirit of wisdom and understanding. He is the Spirit of counsel and might. He is the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. See Isaiah 11:2-3; Zechariah 12:10; Micah 3:8; Romans 1:4; 8:2; 15:13. He is everything we need to do God’s work. As we partner with Him and let Him lead, guide, dominate and influence us, we will notice a great release of spiritual amplitude within us and through us.

By reason of the Holy Spirit within us, our abilities are augmented, our capacity for intelligence is amplified, our love and compassion for others become overwhelming, our boldness increases, our strength for the work is increased. See Romans 5:5; Judges 15:14-15; Exodus 31:1-3; Genesis 41:38-39.

All the Power we need is available in the Person of the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah! No more failure. All that we need is present in us in the Person of the Holy Spirit. As you yield to Him in obedience and do the Word, you will begin to experience greater success in your work. He will bring the people. He will confirm the Word with signs following. He will touch their hearts to respond. He will heal the sick through you and set the captives free.

Today almost everything He said we would do, He has done in a VERY BIG WAY. I am humbled that a boy born in Warri, who lived in Warri and studied in Benin could become a success story. It is not I but God who deserves the credit. I was only a willing vessel. I was not from a wealthy family. Neither was I from an influential family. I am simply a boy that God has helped tremendously to influence and impact many. I cannot take credit for anything. It’s all an act of God.

If God has called you. Don’t quit on God. Wait on Him. Let Him build you. Let His Word work on you. Give yourself to prayer. Stay under authority until the time appointed by the Father. Keep obeying the voice of the Spirit. Keep doing the Word and watch God bring what He said to pass one after the other until you come to know Him as the One who knows the end from the beginning, until you come to know Him as Promise keeper. May God help you reach your goals and exceed your targets. Amen

Blessings,

DWF


Preserving the Faith of the Fathers For Future Generations 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION